The Family Gallery is a room within the building where you can touch everything, dress up, make a drawing and put it on display or use the information cards to find out more about the artwork and talk about them together. This room is a safe place to play and explore art with your family.
The Family Gallery is……
- A relaxed, welcoming and creative environment for children and adults together
- A great introduction to contemporary art
- Open 6 days a week, Tuesday to Saturday 10am – 5pm and Sunday 12noon – 4pm, you can come back time and time again
- A hands-on area where you can touch things
- A place to sit on sofas and read books together
- A place to draw together
- A place to make friends with Beast
The gallery is very popular with school groups and families so if you’re looking for a slightly quieter time, try
early in the day on Saturdays or after school times during the week. There are times when we run workshops in The Family Gallery.
For Vaisakhi 2014 we invited everyone to make a medal, for summer 2015 we introduced Saturday Playdates where everyone joined in to build a cardboard castle, write and draw a picture about Beast and for PRIDE 2015 everyone added colourful flowers to a huge rainbow.
Look out for our next big free family friendly event through the What’s On section or contact a member of the learning team for further information.