The New Art Gallery Walsall wishes to support artists currently based in the West Midlands through acquisitions of works made in response to world events over the last year (in particular, the impact of COVID-19 and Black Lives Matter). Artists are invited to submit proposals for existing paintings, drawings, photographs or prints to be acquired for the Permanent Collection of The New Art Gallery Walsall. As well as acquiring works, we will profile the selected artists on our website and social media platforms and eventually through display.
- Artists must be currently living and working in the West Midlands region
- Submissions must have been made since 23 March 2020
- Submissions must have been made in response to events over the past year
- Works must be of a modest domestic scale, preferably under approximately 50 x 50 cm
- Each proposed work must be priced (up to a maximum of £500)
Your application should include the following information:
Website (if applicable)
Social media handles (if applicable)
A brief biography of no more than 250 words
A statement of no more than 250 words about the work/s
Title, medium, size, date and price of each proposed work
A Jpeg of the work, at least 1MB and no larger than 5MB
No more than 3 works can be proposed for acquisition. (No more than one image for each work).
The Gallery’s Collections Policy can be found here; https://thenewartgallerywalsall.org.uk/collections-library/
Please send your application to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 12 February 2021.
Photo credit: Installation view, 20:20, Twenty Years of Collecting Contemporary Art. Photo: Mark Hinton.