At Walsall Leather Museum, learn about the leather-making history of Walsall, meet local crafts people and make a leather notebook, a money pouch or emboss and paint a leather bookmark.
At The New Art Gallery Walsall, meet local artists with varied arts practices, watch demonstrations and have a go at making your own inspired by their practice.
Confirmed artists at The New Art Gallery:
- Vik Chandla, Co-founder of the South Asian Arts Collective – craftivism and embroidery.
- Kerri Williams, The Heritage Crafter – paint roses onto cards in the canal art tradition of the Black Country.
- Ruth Radcliffe of Paperdolls Handmade – cut paper and pen and ink illustrations.
- Joe Hemingway – detailed dot illustrations using fine-line pen.
- Kate Tilley – ceramics combined with textiles – experiment with the artist’s crockery press-moulds.