THE GREAT WALSALL FESTIVAL OF GOOD THINGS
Celebrating what’s great about Walsall
Saturday 4 October 2014, 10am – 5pm
The New Art Gallery Walsall
Inspired by our new exhibition Black Country Stories, where Magnum photographer Martin Parr has created a photographic portrait of the Black Country, we’ve been inspired by the growers in the Borough and we’re sure there’s more of you! Join our fruit and vegetable show and edible art cake show. To enter download an entry form below.
• Martin Parr exhibition tour at 10.30am
• Martin Parr book signing (11am-12noon)
• Open Studio with artists in residence Strange Ways
• Crafty Bazaar – Art and Craft Fair with local traders
• Live Music sets throughout the day including Walsall Gilbert and Sullivan Society
• Theatre at 2pm – The Life and Times of the Tat Man, as seen at Walsall Museum
• Baby sensory space
• Make your own willow bird feeder with Walsall Countryside Services
• Calligraphy workshop – make a bookmark for your own archive!
• Flower arrangements
• Sugarcraft demonstrations
• Art talks with Jo Digger
• Family workshop with Artist Claudette Chambers on a ‘Sense of Black Community’
• Open Charity Abseil off the roof of The New Art Gallery Walsall sign up online.
• Enter your Fruit, Veg and Cakes into our Village Show!
More events to be confirmed! Check our website for updates.
Share your photo with us on facebook.
FREE – ALL WELCOME
The Garman Ryan Collection 40th Anniversary Exhibition
10 July – 16 November 2014
Floors 1 and 2
Image credit: Amedeo Modigliani (1884-1920), Caryatid (Cariatide) The Garman Ryan Collection, The New Art Gallery Walsall.