The New Art Gallery, Walsall
Bringing art, artists and audiences together
Image credit: Stephen Snoddy, Director, The New Art Gallery Walsall
Our mission is to present, collect and interpret historic and contemporary art in innovative and challenging ways that encourage the engagement and enjoyment of existing and future audiences.
Our purpose is to provide a cultural and educational service of the very highest quality and to act as a focus for civic pride and community identity for the people of Walsall and the region.
Our artistic programming, the development of our collections and our approaches to access, engagement and interpretation explore new models of how art galleries can contribute to people’s lives.
As an art gallery of outstanding excellence, we seek to disseminate our work as widely as possible, thus drawing national and international attention to Walsall and its achievements.
Our vision is to:
- inspire lifelong engagement with art through positive learning experiences
- be creative in our approach to all our work
- support and nurture artists and audiences
- bring artists and audiences together
- to care for the assets entrusted to us
- be inclusive and welcoming in everything we do
- explore and be open to innovative and challenging ideas, including those using new technologies
- explore and develop partnerships and collaborations, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.