Black Country Urban Sketchers pop up event led by Twenty Twenty Collection artist Lindsay Pritchard.
Free, drop in
About the Black Country Urban Sketchers
For lovers of sketching and the Black Country, we aim to tell the everyday story of the Black Country and it’s surrounding areas through sketching. As a group we want to celebrate the act of observational drawing, documenting the area that we live in and encouraging others to share the journey with us.
We go out sketch crawling for the day at least once a month with our sketchbooks, drawing in various locations sharing our love of sketching, supporting and learning from one another.
Our sketch crawls are free and open to everyone whatever their age and ability, our aim is to inspire and support one another particularly those who love to draw but simply lack confidence in their ability.
1) We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2) Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3) Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4) We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5) We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6) We support each other and draw together.
7) We share our drawings online.
8) We show the world, one drawing at a time.