The New Art Gallery Walsall is open.
The Gallery is open Tuesday to Saturday 10am-5pm and Sundays 12 noon-4pm.
Free admission. No booking necessary.
Closed Mondays and Bank Holidays
The following will be on show for you to see:
18 May – 5 September 2021
We reopen with a major solo exhibition by renowned British painter Anj Smith. The exhibition comprises new and recent works, many of which can be seen for the first time in Walsall. Featuring paintings and prints, this is the largest presentation of the artist’s work in a UK public gallery to date and offers a rare opportunity to view a significant body of work together.
Spring – Autumn 2021
The culmination of a four-year project with residents of Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton, celebrating, recording and archiving everyday life stories and personal photographic collections.
Floors 1 & 2
The prestigious Collection gifted to the borough of Walsall in 1973 by Lady Kathleen Epstein (née Garman), widow of the great 20th Century sculptor Jacob Epstein. The Collection includes works by renowned artists such as Constable, Degas, Matisse, Monet, Picasso and Van Gogh, as well as friends and family members such as Epstein, Lucian Freud, Theo Garman and Matthew Smith, alongside artworks and artefacts from many cultures around the world.
Your safety is our priority
We’re committed to making your visit safe. We are following health and safety advice with additional measures and standards in place. Please note the following before you plan your visit:
- There is no need to book. On entry we kindly request visitors provide their details in accordance with NHS Test and Trace.
- Hand sanitiser will be available on entry and at stations positioned across the building.
- Please observe Government guidelines on face coverings, and adhere to social distancing throughout the Gallery.
- As usual, our informed and friendly team will be on hand to ensure you have a great visit. They will also regularly sanitise frequently touched areas such as door handles and lift buttons.
- An accessible toilet will be available and cleaned frequently.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you are ready.