Grade: G7, £27,514 – £31,895
Here at Walsall Council we are doing things differently and we have an ambition to transform the marketing approach. Tens of millions of pounds have been secured to transform Walsall and the promotion of the arts and our culture is an important part of that transformation.
We need an ambitious Senior Communications and Marketing Executive to showcase and promote our prestigious New Art Gallery. You will also support the marketing of other visitor destinations including The Arena and the Leather Museum.
Walsall’s New Art Gallery opened in 2000 and has remained a landmark venue for visual arts regionally, nationally and internationally. Hosting a vibrant artistic programme, the Gallery is also home to the renowned Garman Ryan Collection, celebrating the 50th year of the bequest in 2023 and a significant collection of contemporary art works.
If you have a passion for arts and events marketing, delivering compelling marketing campaigns and a desire to do things differently, we’d like to hear from you.
This role requires a creative thinker who is comfortable with generating ideas and ensuring they are delivered brilliantly. The successful candidate will have proven experience in working on varied campaigns across the full marketing mix:
To view Job Description, Employee Specification and apply:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the planning and delivery of campaigns and communications for the New Art Gallery and the other visitor destinations in Walsall
- Developing engaging content for the venue’s social media accounts and its website and contributing to the community management of these accounts
- Supporting events, launches and campaigns and communicating these to relevant audiences both regionally and nationally
- Evaluating the success of campaigns and communications, capturing this and sharing these learnings
- Collaborate with communications and marketing colleagues from partner organisations in the area and nationally
- Support Walsall Council’s wider Communications, Marketing and Brand team with idea generation, campaign planning and sharing evaluations
- Work with Print and Design colleagues to design the production of communication and marketing materials and ensure that work requests from internal colleagues are delivered on time
- Support the wider Communications, Marketing and Brand team goals and help raise the profile of marketing within the organisation
We can offer a range of benefits including hybrid working and opportunities to develop within a team of marketing and communications specialists.
Location Walsall/ hybrid working
About the Walsall Visitor Destinations:
The New Art Gallery Walsall opened in 2000 in the heart of Walsall town centre. Since then it has remained a landmark venue for the visual arts regionally, nationally and internationally. The impressive and award-winning building provides a truly outstanding place for visitors to enjoy, discover, learn from and participate in the visual arts. The New Art Gallery Walsall
Walsall Arena hosts a programme of live events, comedy, dance, film and pantomimes. It has 7,000 square feet; state of the art lighting, video and sound systems; 600 seats and a standing capacity of 1,000. Walsall Arena
The Leather Museum in the Town Centre is an important part of Walsall’s heritage and focuses on the history and lives of those who worked in the leather trade. Walsall Leather Museum
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 23 October 2022.
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The post holder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.