Here at The New Art Gallery Walsall we support Home Education Groups by providing opportunities for learning that encourages imagination and creativity.
- Sessions for pre school children to introduce toddlers into a workshop environment, exploring skill development and dexterity learning.
- £1.50 per child, per session. Places are limited, to book in advance please call the Gallery on 01922 654400.
- 2 sessions per month, Term time only.
- Tuesdays, 12pm-1pm. Please see our families brochure for dates.
We offer a variety of free and paid workshops during the school holidays, accommodating all ages and abilities. Taking inspiration from the exhibitions and collections at the Gallery, these sessions support children in the engagement in the arts, with the guidance of experienced educators.
Free Gallery Resources
Borrow one of our free activity bags, available from reception. Each bag is filled with fun activities to help you explore our Collections and Temporary Exhibitions.
We offer a range of resources to educational groups which provide focus to a visit or aids engagement with the artwork on display. Any of these resources can be made available to Home Educators upon request.
These resources must be request in advance of your visit, by contacting Catherine James, Education Assistant- Catherine.james@Walsall.gov.uk
All workshops must be booked in advance.
For further information or to book a paid workshop please contact Catherine James, Education Assistant- Catherine.james@Walsall.gov.uk
Talks and Discussions
We offer a range of Talks and Discussions, all year round to Home Education Groups
• Free 15 minute introductory talks to the permanent collection or temporary exhibitions.
• All talks must be booked in advance by contacting Catherine James, Education Assistant- Catherine.james@Walsall.gov.uk
• Recommended group size is 20 max.
Home Education Arts Award ‘Discover in a Day’
Join us for a whole day of art! Help your child to discover the arts and achieve their Arts Award Discover. Children aged 5+, with a parent/guardian investigate different art forms, find out about an artist, take part in a practical workshop and share their work.
- All materials provided
- Children must be accompanied by an adult for the whole day.
- Lunch is not provided so please bring a packed lunch with you.
New S.T.E.A.M. Workshops
Available all year- round.
A series of workshops for 11-15 year olds that explore how Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics all meet art. Discover the engineering of cogs and cams in automata or investigate the science behind plaster casting. Each session will be different, using pieces from our collections as inspiration and a focus on art.
- All materials provided
For further information or advice on how we can support your group at The New Art Gallery Walsall please email Catherine James, Education Assistant- Catherine.james@Walsall.gov.uk